Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Awake at 4am

o



Hello and good morning in the wee hours of the definition of the word.
Yesterday was day 27 of 30 dresses in 30 days. It was a cold and rainy day and I had to errand soooo I bundled up in layers and included one of my favorite skirts, so comfy and there is a color to match everything, or nearly everything.

Living alone works for me best I think, tho I do ponder the alternative, I am not so easy to live with when I want to zone out the world and create. Walking into a room of friends art and Freddy (lower left corner) I feel welcomed and ready to work.
Read some more of Maira Kalman's 'Principles of Uncertainty' and added more color etc to the blotter paper on my computer table. It is really a counter that was never installed on top of two military water canisters that are full of art supplies and sculpture covered with paper from a roll Andrea gifted me a few years ago and I am still enjoying the possibilities of so much surface at my pencils tips.
The water is boiling on the stove awaiting the noodles I am about to add to the rolls of bubbles and perhaps add coffee to my snack. Its 4:10 am and after sleeping a toothache away after drawing since 2:30 p (with a brief whiny away at 6:30p) I am now wide awake and motivated. Boy, I think I may be sleeeeeeeeeeeepy later.
Gonna go see what pops out above the giraffes head after I snack. TTFN PS OC

2 comments:

Merrily Harris said...

Cool artwork I love that picture of you too (my favorite so far ...) Would make a good profile pic too (!?!)

peacefulshades said...

:) Thanks!!