Thursday, May 6, 2010

Making Plans with an Artist

I wish I could transport myself instantly from place to place.... there are so many things I want to do and often they are hours apart in travel time.... when in the city that doesnt necessarily mean they are that far apart. Depends on the day, time of day, weather...... on weekdays the 8am train is waaaaaaaaay more crowded than the 9:30am. Ok for work and all you would expect that so are saying, yeah no kidding. But the difference is still one that still surprises me.... from being so packed one can not easily turn their bodies to keeping from bumping someone. Someone who is also packed in with dozens of others who are plugged in to their electronic devices wired and stuck in their ears doing an Oscar performances of 'no one is actually next to me'. Still I look around and take in all in hoping it falls onto my page as soon I get in front of it. Often I draw on the subway but at that time of day (during the 5pm madness too) my arms have no room to move the pen.

Anyway, I am actually upstate right now.... I taped water color paper to my table and am layer lines on colors of various mediums. Yes today is Thursday and my dude has been a wonderful and understanding , thinking that I would be down on Monday, then the next day........ now its Thursday. When I said that I really meant it but what if I walk away from the lines, colors, chaotic a.d.d. layering of creativity through various projects throughout the day that I just love bouncing into when I wake up and cant get back to them .
And then I realize it isnt a what if... it is as likely as a it being 75degrees one day and snowing the next. Yeah, I get back to it eventually but it sometimes takes longer than I want to or is too something else when I do.
So I am going to work on this a while longer and wrap it up at its natural conclusion grateful that I popped out an artist and have incredible people to share love and life with.
PS BOC

No comments: