Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Procrastinating Fuzz Nuggeted Christmas Lights

Oh man, daily blogging isnt coming naturally to me at all... fuzz nuggets of ugh.
Actually, lately my creative motivation, heck, my motivation in general, is pretty stinkin thin.  There are allot of pressures, its true.... thats where I used to pour it all and now, well, not so much.  Its making me feel thin too, of spirit anyway, certainly not physically.  Part of that is to blame on that peanut butter oreos exist.... what a cruelty to allow those on the shelves during bathing suit season!
The ideas are there, I just feel so stifled by external stuffs that the internal colors are staying inside and keeping each other company instead of me.     One of my books on fostering creativity suggest doing a daily gratitude list, theres that daily bit again...
okay for todays 5 grateful for things:
- raspberries are ripe
- there are tomatoes on the plant I planted in my garden for Cassie
- tis the season to get color on my skin which makes me feel better about passing a mirror
- I have fans!  (It's stinkin hot today- 90 right now at 5:12 in Westchester, NY)
- the dogs I get to call mine are awesome!


The fan is probably saving my sanity and anyone trying to interact with me..... it's a flipping sauna out ther

........
and now its



July 23

Today melted with Christmas lights on this hot and humid day....  I was working on my mural, from the inside it seems and lost 2 days and gained so much more.  Since moving to Peekskill 2 1/2 years ago the amout of time I spend in the zone has been minimal, since I started creating to have my own world to live in when the one I was given was less palatable and creative blocks and any form scare me I was not jumping up and down in a happy dance about not being zoned.  As many of you creative peeps know, the more you demand creativity and inspiration to envelope the more evasive that process becomes.....so I put it down for a bit, poutily at first.

This week I have been working on random bits that have been time consuming and quite satisfying along the heat and a desire to keep it moving ...... if feels slow going... it happens like that sometimes.....

since I was have been uber busy tasking I wasnt demanding creativity swallow me up into the zone I miss so much and back in I went into the city scape that I've been whittling onto for a while.  Okay, I'm thinking that metaphor did not quite work since whittling is taking away which doesnt allow for on, tho if I left out two half sentences from the middle to make that it would make sense when they were put back;  ... whittling away and the city project and layered on colors line and characters.... oh yeah, and got to hang Christmas lights in between gardening and moving worms.   It was a full day and I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes togther within my a.d.d. approach to tasking.

PS.... More later

No comments: