Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Taffeta, Blue, Brrrr and Goodnight

My dresss is taffeta sky... I love how the colors took!
The dress is an old wedding dress I got for $10 at the thrift store, it was long, tackey and I loved it.  This makes it the perfect canvas! It's easier to come up with flowing idea without the pressure of costly materials....
So far I've jaggedly cut off the stained bottom soaked it in a bath of blue dye, rinsed thoroughly, the, in a bath of purple...  I bunched up the fabric first creating the organic, mottled effect and the sequins and beads did not take any dye while the lace took extra.... 
There's a bit more work to be done then to wear this crazy bit I've got the awesomest shoes picked out.  
Projects are going well, wish organizing was too.....

Btw I finally watch an episode of Twin Peaks... It was good, not sure I agree with the hype, it's on netflix live stream so I'll likely periodically binge watch through and see what all the oo-ing was in the 90s...

It's cold out and I'm tired
Off to be warm and sleep

Chelle...
 ps, more later

No comments: